Friday, November 15, 2013

[Review] Etude House Skin mal:gem Smoother

Greetings all! As I promised I'm back with the skin mal:gem Smoother review!

Skin mal:gem Smoother from Etude House, is an Exfoliation Toner usually used after cleansing and before serum/thick toner. It removes makeup leftovers as well. Suitable for normal skin type.


Cleanses pores and minimizes them. It does minimize but the results are not permanent. It's a great product for everyday use but I recommend it to be used only once per day or once every two days because we don't need so much exfoliation to begin with! It really is great at removing dead skin cells. Also, avoid using it after cleansing scrub or any other kind of exfoliator.

How to use: Dispense a few drops a cotton pad then wipe your face and neck. It can be a little harsh for sensitive skin types, especially if you keep wiping and wiping. I only wipe my face in one go or else it causes me spots. The consistency is pretty watery and it creates bubbles if you shake the bottle.

The scent is strong but its sweet and flowery, I can smell the sugar in it! It doesn't really transfer to the face though. I love the smell.

Even though this is a cleansing toner, it also gives a bit of moisture as you can see on the bottle but not as much as mal:gem Moist. I'm not sure what the symbols are on the right because I can't read hangul. So if you know please share!

Ingredients: Water Alcohol Dipropylene glycol Glycerin PEG-8 Citrus medica Limonum Citrus aurantium dulcis Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/Leaf Extract Acer saccharum Saccharum officinarum Citrus Grandis Panthenol Orchid Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract Cellulose gum Ethylhexylglycerin Xanthan Gum Polysorbate 20 PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Disodium EDTA Phenoxyethanol Fragrance

Skin mal:gem Products:

  • Fresh (Cleansing toner for Oily skin)
  • Smoother (Exfoliating Toner)
  • Moist (Moisturising Toner)
  • Deep Moist (Extra Moisturising Toner for dry skin)
  • Essential (oil+toner for Combination skin)
I have also written an old review about mal:gem Fresh and a recent one for mal:gem Moist!

My Rating is 5 out of 5





Because skin mal:gem Smoother is a great exfoliation toner that does what it's supposed to, even though it hasn't really solved my problem with huge pores yet. I also have to add, it is better than the Wonder pore freshner in my opinion!


Do not forget to enter my 1st blog Anniversary Giveaway here!


Have you ever tried any toner from this line?

10 comments:

  1. Thanks fot the review! I bought a sample of this toner, and I really liked it. But I can't tell the difference between it and wonder pore, though (I used it only for 1 week recently and wonder pore I used 1 year ago). Since my skin is not oily anymore(I'm using roacutan), I think the wonder pore is better than fresh malgem for me (fresh really dry out the oil). But I really liked the smoother. I'm thinking if I will repurchase wonder pore or buy smoother malgem =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support Ami!! Going to check roacutan online.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this great review, Eva~! ^u^ I actually wanted to buy the etude house freshner this christmas but I guess I should go for this then haha :> I like that this is good for oily skin and still moisturizes a bit~
    And the Hangul on the bottle is something like a moisture Rating and Keratin Care Rating ^-^*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ow thank you for explaining! I'm glad my reviews help you ^_^

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review! I'v never tried this product but will definitely go try it out xx

    emi-rii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the idea of this toner - in general, I'm a big fan of exfoliating toners. This one sounds particularly nice, and I love the look of the frosted glass bottle. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! An exfoliating toner? Do you actually see the dead skin cells coming off?
    But this seems very nice! *A* I'll be sure to see if I can try it after I finish using my current one.
    Thank you so much for the review! <3

    http://pandagin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have many dead cells on my face but i tried it on my toes and saw chunks of dead cells coming off alright!

      Delete
  6. i wanna try this toner.
    but i have combination skin, im afraid it doesn't match with my skin. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure it will :) Smoother is just exfoliating toner with a bit of moisture and no oil control. I'm you use other products for oily control ^^

      Delete

Seeing your thoughts and commments on my posts is very important to me so feel free to comment your opinions. I will read them all and I'll try my best to reply to all of them! (^__^) Have a nice day~!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog!

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...