Monday, February 25, 2013

|Review| Etude House BB Magic Cream For Oily Skin


Hello Girls~! First of all I want to say Thank you for following my blog and Liked my Facebook page! I really appreciate it! I haven't been reviewing much lately because I've been testing products non-stop!

Today I wrote a review about Etude's BB Magic Cream (Refreshing) for Oily Skin.


There is an English description on the box: BB Magic Cream offers natural looking coverage that nourishes, corrects skin tone.
Directions according to the box: After facial cleansing, apply a small amount of product to hands and spread evenly across facial surface. Cream may give a whitish appearance upon initial application but will naturally blend with skin tone once lotion sets.



It doesn't look very light to me but it doesn't have that grey tint either so that's good! The consistency is watery and it looks like this BB cream is water-based. But not as watery as the Holika Holika Aqua Jelly BB.


After spreading it on my hand it looks pretty white but I have no idea why it looks darker on my face!

I didn't apply BB cream on my eyes area!
The shade of the BB cream looks ok but it's pinkier than my skin tone. You can notice that my neck's colour is pale with yellow undertones but my face looks pink after applying this BB cream. I took several photos under different light but my face always looked different colour than my neck. Click here for more explanation on why my face looks PINK.

The finish is semi-matte, I would recommend no moisturizer before application if you have super oily skin. I used oil-free moisturizer as a base. The BB Magic Cream lasts for hours but my T-line went a little bit oily (not much) after 7 hours or so. It's always better if you set it with a matte finish powder.

It doesn't have any SPF which is a downside. Coverage is light! It didn't cover my pores! It has citrus scent that you usually find in anti-acne and anti-oil products!

This BB cream is not suitable for me because it can't cover my pores. That's a shame! So I'm going to give it 3 wings out 5 ^^; Because it's overall a good BB cream but with light coverage and No SPF!






Have you ever tried this BB cream?

Thank you for reading!
-Eva

21 comments:

  1. aww, one of the reason why I sometimes use bb cream is to simply cover my pores so this bb cream is not 100% for me. thanks for the review :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this BB Cream for dry skin and I don't like it much either D: It doesn't cover anything! But it does give a nice glow to my skin.

    Nice review ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of getting BB cream and your review helps :) I've also looked into Holika Holika's and one of the salesgirls recommended one of them that totally did not match my skin tone at all! Even I could've seen that >_<

    I find it so annoying when cosmetics don't have SPF >_<

    http://sushiibear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes salegirls aren't the experts and also the light in the shop might made your skintone look a little bit darker or lighter ^^

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried anything from Etude House, because I've heard that they do animal testing ):

    Greetings from Shirayuki's Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I've heard they don't test animals but I haven't looked it up for months! Where did you read that? ^^

      Delete
    2. They don't test themselves now, but they sell in China which means the products must be tested on animals. :/

      Delete
  5. Well, seeing that it doesn't have much coverage or SPF, I think that it won't suit me. Thanks 4 your review I've found it very interesting.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reviewing! I will never buy it because has no spf =/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you tried this. We're similar colors, and I try to avoid bb creams with pink tones (I like grey and yellow tones), or it will look the same on me as in your photo.

    It was one I was thinking of trying but now I can save money and try another product, thanks for the review ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I didn't expect it to have pink undertones! It looks fine on my hand I guess it's my face DX

      Delete
  8. Hi, Eva!
    I've seen that you have entered my blog giveaway, but you forgot to follow the blog with GFC and to add a comment on the giveaway post! Just to let you know ^^

    Greetings from Shirayuki's Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was following you! I'm sorry ^^; Maybe because I followed you with my Bunny Kiss Google+ account though because I remember reading your last post. I messed it up sorry :<

      Delete
    2. I was always contemplating buying this on Cosmetic.Love because it was cheap but my skintone is fair so I was like 'Where the hee-haw is the colour choices' (;A;)
      Thank chu for this review it was really helpful; I'm going to try different Etude House BB creams now~❤
      By the way; your skin is amazing dsndwidnwan (;3;)~

      Delete
  9. this is my first bb cream and my fav too *_*
    as far as i remembered, i love this bb cream(maybe my skin are really good that time..so i can't tell)..it looks glowy on my face..but since my skin condition is par with previously so i don't think this gonna suit me anymore..haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this review - I've been looking at this but I mainly want a BB Cream to hide my pores so it doesn't sound like this would be great for me!

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your thoughts and commments on my posts is very important to me so feel free to comment your opinions. I will read them all and I'll try my best to reply to all of them! (^__^) Have a nice day~!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog!

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...